Name:
Location: singapore, Singapore

Nothing special about me. Just a regular laid back guy.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Day Trip to Michigan!!

Suppose to wake up at ard 0645 in the morning. Ended up waking up at roughly around 730! Why do we have to wake up so early??? Cos we have to get the car that we rented and drive up to Ann Arboee, Michigan. Yong chang and me are tagging along with Carol and Gabe to the University of Michigan cos they’re going over there to visit their friends.

Gabe’s the driver for the day. He had absolutely no rouble with driving fast and accustoming to the traffic in USA etc. He’s driving at around 90-100 miles on average, that’s like 140-160 km/hr!! That’s really crazy! It’s like double the speed that we drive over back in Singapore! But I’m rather happy that he drove that fast cos it really really shorten the journey by a lot!

Reached Ann arbor ard noontime. Check out the school etc. The school’s nice, but Georgetown’s still better. One thing that university of Michigan is better is the law library that they have over there. Their law lib looks really like those scences in Harry potter!!

Had Japanese food for lunch. Really good. Haven had sushi for such a long time! I was kinda still full from those brownies that I had eaten while on the way to Michigan thus I only shared sushi with yong chang.

Went walk ard the Campus for a while after lunch and then have ice – cream at 3+. The ice cream was really huge! Was so full after eating that manz.

The most exciting part of the whole day is approaching! That’s shopping time! Went over to a nearby mall to shop. The main reason of us going there is cos carol and her friend wanna spend some time together thus Yong Chang and me went shopping on our own. Saw a lot of stuffs that I like. Like cargo shorts, jeans, shirts etc etc. Guess where I end up spending all my money??? AEROPOSTALE!! Damn it@

I spent like 76+ over at Aeropostale!! That’s like $130 sing dollars manz!! I’m really really crazy I think. MAD! Spent so much. I haven even started my travel USA things yet! Gonna work more hours to cover up! Do I have to do it? Should I ? whahhaa

Should I eat into my savings (which is not a lot after paying for everything like the air tickets and program fees) or should I just try to earn more money? What should I do? If I work more then I’ll not have the time to interact with ppl! If I don’t work extra then I’ll not have money! Shit!! Really hated dilemma like this!

Anyway there’s another thing that I have to talk about, that’s about the dinner that we had during this Michigan trip. Guess what? I actually know 2 person over at the university og Michigan! They are Gan chin wei and Jing Shen! Didn’t really expect to see anyone that I know over there, so it’s really a surprise, a good one though.

Haven seen Gan for so long so it’s really nice to see him! Chatted with him through the dinner. This is like the first time that I’m really chatting with him. Really funny, weird in fact.

Really envy those ppl that went over to study overseas. Really. Hated school in Singapore. It’s so boring here in Singapore. Everything’s so competitive and boring. N olife at all. And yea, the dinner’s on the house. One of the gal’s parents came over to visit their daughter and decided to give all of us a dinner treat. Really really nice of them to do so manz. It must have cost them quite a bit to do it. The food’s not too bad as well. Full course Chinese dinner, so yea, really appreciate it.

The last highlight for the night is that there’s a white Castle outlet over at our dinner place. Took a few pics with that and bought 10 of their small burgers to see why ‘Harold and Kumar’ are so obsessed with it! Whahhaaa

If u think the ride to Ann arbor was fast, then u’re wrong, so wrong! Cos the way back was even faster! Took slightly over and hour only! It was so fast! The night didn’t just end there. We went over to Bayside to pick Debbi up for Grocery shopping over at Walmart and Meijers. Planned to buy a fan actually. Same goes for Debbi and Carol. We didn’t buy in the end cos Esmond already bought one for our room.

Everyone’s out during the night. Ran into so many ppl over at Walmart and also Meijers. Yong chang and me had decided to share our food. The thing is that Issac and esmond came along later and wanna share with us as well. Seriously I have no prob with them etc. It’s just that I don’t wanna share stuff with too many ppl anymore.

Gabe gave us a ride back to the commons before making another trip to meijers to pick up the rest of the guys like charles and ambrose. Really tire when I got back. Slept soon after I got back. Anyway I did attempt to drive the car! Whaha….i am the one who drove us to Walmart from The bayside apartment after we pick Debbi up!!!

nick

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... Is really nice of your fren's parents to treat all of u for a nice dinner. No need to pay and somemore great food... wow... I think the ice cream u eat must be damn huge... u eat till so full le... The most impressed part of your blog is the "Harry Potter's dinning scene" Wow... The candles hanging in the air really does resembles like one of those scenes. Cool...

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 3:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home