Name:
Location: singapore, Singapore

Nothing special about me. Just a regular laid back guy.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Sick ---- Appreciate the simple things/way of life

Not really feeling well these days. Now it’s ok liao. But I was sick for almost one week I think, it was so long that I cannot really remember how long I was sick for.

Had fever, cough, sore throat etc etc. Lots of stuff. Really irritating.

This bolt of sickness really came at a wrong time. I have piles of *hit that’s coming due these days and those datelines are drawing nearer and nearer by the second. Being staying till late in schools almost everyday for meetings etc and that’s including weekends. Well, maybe this is the reason why I got sick in the first place.

This short episode of attack by those Viruses actually allows me to appreciate simple things in life and also those things that I always take for granted for.

Try swallowing some saliva now. How it feels like? Normally we don’t even give any thought to such an operation that occurs numerous times everyday. But this simple act is something that you’ll not miss when u have a sore throat and coughing etc.

I am so used to be able to sing all the time thus this whole week was really bad. I can’t really sing one whole song without having to clear my throat after one or two sentence. I can’t sing when I am walking home from Yew Tee Mrt etc. So I hate it!

Anyway, pls don’t think that I’m some spoiled brat etc. Obviously I know that I’m not suffering much as compared to people out there with other more serious illness. But at this very moment, this is what I’m going through and it will be my suffering. Everyone’s going through different things. ARgh… I don’t know how to put it. Okok.. Let me give an example:

Like for example, take Y as a working adult. Y is working under a really lousy boss and Y feels that life is bad working there etc and tells X that studying is good. But to X, working might seems better because it means that you don’t have so many projs, quizzes, assignments, readings etc etc to do.

So what I am trying to say is that we shouldn’t compare and should always look at what a person is going through in his or her own capacity and see if is it really that bad or not. Because if we want to compare, there is always someone out there that’s going through a more difficult time then us. Yaya, hope that I did managed to say what’s on my mind. It’s so difficult! Guess the virus have gotten to my brain! Ciao……….

Nick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home